Learning Analytics (LA) in vILT
is the exploration of learning processes, based on gathering, processing and analyzing digital data.
Monitoring learning effectiveness includes the criteria, so called metrics, which checks the learning program characteristics, its results, learners' engagement and trainer's actions in following the scenario. The coordinator understands if the program serves the aims, learning and business objectives. This map block discusses the metrics for synchronous online learning, when there is a need to monitor and coordinate the quality of synchronous and blended learning programs online.Standard metrics are the following:
- Registrations for the learning program
- Trained employees
- Training hours
- Average time of training completion
- Training completion rate
- Tests results before and after the training program
- Feedback form ratings and results
These metrics show the basic information on the training and learning program, but it is not enough for the synchronous human skills development virtual training. In order to understand, for example, how interesting and actual a soft skills in leadership competencies development program is, we need to study the processes inside learning: participants and trainer's behaviors.Example Metrics for synchronous online skills learning:
- Learning engagement level. How learners respond to the content, what activities get their most active response, when they change tabs in their browser.
- Match percentage for the program scenario plan. How often trainers make shifts in the instructional scenario, jump in between the activities, which slides and activities they skip.
We gathered in this block the data collected in the learning services or platforms, which is used to make decisions on learning goals and objectives achievement.